Date: September 9 – 11, 2019
The microgrid opportunity around the world continues to grow significantly. One recent report forecasts a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12% between 2016-2022, reaching $35 billion by 2022.* The reasons for this expected positive development include the falling cost of solar energy, advances in energy storage, the drive to mitigate climate change, and the cost savings associated with minimizing fossil fuels in remote generation systems. In addition, microgrids will play a central role in bringing electrification to rural and developing regions in which access to reliable, clean and affordable energy is a high priority.
The 10th edition of the Microgrid Global Innovation Forum, focuses on microgrid advances, case studies and applications in EMEA, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America. Organized by the Smart Grid Observer, the emphasis is on maximizing the effective use of renewable and distributed energy resources, refining the positive business model for a range of microgrid deployments, and sharing real-world case studies in both grid-tied and off-grid/remote environments.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Microgrid feasibility, design, and implementation
- Refining the business case for off-grid, remote, and island microgrids
- Solar + storage advances
- Project financing and investor perspectives
- Determining the correct technology mix for hybrid energy systems
- Advanced battery, fuel cell, and flow battery technologies
- Microgrid power control, management, and integration
- Integrating distributed renewable energy resources into the grid
- Effective project evaluation, implementation, and management
- Regulatory and public policy advances
- Standards and interoperability issues
- Market drivers and opportunities worldwide
- Utilizing renewables-centric microgrids to achieve climate change goals
- and more
Venue: Crowne Plaza London – The City. 19 New Bridge Street, London, EC4V 6DB, United Kingdom
Organiser: Smart Grid Observer. SGO is an online information resource and weekly e-newsletter serving the global smart grid and green-tech market sectors. SGO delivers the latest industry news on a daily basis concerning key technology developments, deployment updates, standards work, business issues, and market trends driving the smart energy and key green-tech areas.
In addition, SGO produces several conferences each year on topics such as microgrids, grid modernization, smart cities, demand response, IoT, distributed energy resources, and more.